Art Director (UX/UI)
Design | Technology, North America
April Six is growing and we are looking for an Art Director with UX/UI experience to join our creative team. At April Six, Art Directors drive the design of our projects, campaigns and experiences and have a passion for design. Reporting to our Creative Director, the Art Director collaborates with the creative team, client services, digital and strategy to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original concepts as well as overseeing project design through execution.
We’re looking for a strategic creative with advertising experience who’s well-versed in the latest interaction design principles and processes. You’ll be bringing your expertise to fast-moving agency where you’ll be problem-solving at the highest level of insight for an array of technology clients, largely in the B2B sector.
- Responsible for what campaigns look like and how they visually communicate. Tasked with conceptualizing and creating work that has an instant, positive impact on the audiences in the B2B Developing simple and elegant approaches to complex design problems that keep user goals, business needs, technical requirements, and project budget in consideration.
- Translating business requirements into innovative and intuitive design solutions.
- Organizing and architecting content, features, and functionality for new and existing websites and applications.
- Generating wireframes and prototypes to achieve team alignment.
- Working collaboratively team of designers, copywriters, developers, account managers, and strategists to refine and elevate design proposals, recommendations, and solutions.
- Finding new ways to leverage the digital space for B2B communications
- Mentoring Junior Designers and Art Directors
- Managing projects and work within a set budget
- Having a knowledge of client business and the technology sector as a B2B marketer
- Think proactively on behalf of the agency, considering new design/digital initiatives, trends and tools on forthcoming projects
- 5+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms.
- Strong knowledge of interaction design principles and well-developed skills in creation and documentation (business requirements, interface design, functional specifications, persona work and information architecture).
- Highly collaborative and resourceful with excellent communication skills. Must be able to articulate, annotate, and present the logic underlying proposed designs.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to business problems
- Ability to delegate to junior designers, manage projects in conjunction with the project manager, work under pressure and tight deadlines, be mindful of project scopes and budget.
- Demonstrated fluency with tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Photoshop, and Illustrator, and a familiarity with prototyping tools such as Principle.
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Access to ongoing training & development
- Remote working options available