Associate Strategy Director
Client Services | Technology, Harefield/London
As an Associate Strategy Director at April Six you will have experience working on B2B brands, ideally within the technology sector. You will apply this experience working with the Head of Strategy to build strong relationships with key client stakeholders, working with the account and creative teams to ensure our communications approaches & GTM strategies reflect best practice engagement techniques, demand generation methodologies, connection strategies, and are born from true insights originated by our team. As a senior member of staff within the agency you will support multiple client accounts and some new business opportunities, acting as a audience evangelist, communication expert, and innovator at every opportunity.
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy to drive the strategic agenda for existing clients including opening-up new opportunities for organic growth.
- Contribute to pitch success with intelligent and original thinking.
- Create commercially strong, engaging strategies for both existing and potential new clients that deliver against their business and creative objectives.
- Work with the creative team to ensure that creative output is guided and inspired by insights and understanding of the target audience.
- Play an influential role in the development of inspiring creative briefs.
- Lead strategy for some of the agency’s accounts.
- Identify and promote the use of technology tools and platforms that can be used to further enhance our strategic offer.
- Contribute to agency’s thought leadership content in the form of blog posts
- Support colleagues, helping them think more strategically, in order to instil a culture of strategic thinking across all agency departments
- Work with the Head of Strategy to continue to evolve the April Six strategy department
Essential skills and attributes:
- Experience in developing B2B/Tech strategies
- Strong marketing communications experience and expertise
- Appreciation of the latest digital, social, experience trends and their application to b2b & technology marketing
- Flexible, adaptable and able to think on the spot
- A natural ability to multitask
- Naturally confident, outgoing person with strong written and oral presentation skills, strong ability to work well with a variety of different people
- A curious and inquisitive mind
- Strong time management
- Resilience, tenacity and the ability to retain a positive outlook
- Effective and confident communicator at all levels
- Self-starter and proactive attitude
- Past experience in planning & strategy within an agency
- B2B / Tech marketing exposure
- Client management experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Highly motivated, dynamic and empathetic
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays). After 5 years’ service, an additional 2 days holiday per year.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Remote working options available