Creative | Technology, Harefield/London
Location: Harefield, with flexible working options and use of London offices
Wanted: Wordmeister, ideas nurturer, juggler extraordinaire.
If you’re a midweight, B2B tech writer looking to step up to senior, have a peep at this brilliant job.
We’re April Six, one of the UK’s finest integrated technology agencies – and by that we mean everything from marketing to media to PR – the whole nine yards. Our tech clients are some of the biggest future-shaping brands in the world: Amazon, AWS, AMD, Pure Storage, SAS, VMware and a whole host of cool, growing brands.
The core elements
It’s a fast-paced agency. You’ll need to be on your toes, willing to juggle multiple clients and campaigns at once and happy to manage your own time to produce the following kinds of work with your fellow writers and creative partner:
- Direct mail/email marketing
- OOH and digital advertising
- Social campaigns
- Creative campaign concepts and activation ideas. Initially you’ll be supporting on this with scope to lead in future
- Long copy – including research papers, opinion pieces, blogs
The glam bits
You’ll support on these to begin with and take more responsibility as your experience grows:
- Writing scripts and storyboards for animations, films, games and augmented reality tools
- Recommending and directing the talent
- Pitching and presenting to clients
- Supporting our A6-wide corporate social responsibility initiatives
You’ll need the following capabilities and attributes:
- Experience as a B2B tech writer working with major vendors
- A sound knowledge of virtualisation, cloud, AI, storage, cybersecurity, networking as well as relevant market trends
- A balanced portfolio packed with the above kinds of work, showcasing your creative brains and your mastery of English
- Supreme attention to detail
- Ability to work under time pressure and a willingness to go above and beyond to deliver timely quality
- An open flexible mindset – as writers, we’re often the brains behind many other kinds of marketing deliverables outside those listed above
- Ability to work collaboratively on briefs with the creative team and client services
- Confidence to work closely with senior client representatives to propose and develop messaging and copy.
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays). After 5 years’ service, an additional 2 days holiday per year.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Remote working options available