PR Junior Account Executive/AE (Tech)
PR | Technology, London
We are April Six, a marketing and communications agency with 20+ years of experience. We exist to make moments that matter, for organisations that are shaping the future. We work with some of the most exciting, forward thinking technology, science and mobility brands in the world today.
About the role:
We’re recruiting for a Junior Account Executive to join our team! You’ll be tasked with undertaking many of the day-to-day tasks required on an account such as calling the media to pitch news stories, approaching journalists to secure the inclusion of their clients in upcoming magazine features, writing articles and opinion pieces and helping to organise small client events.
We’re looking for someone who is inspired by explaining complex products, issues and research. The successful candidate will work in our technology practice, on clients in the artificial intelligence, cyber
security and IoT space.
- Developing media pitches
- Identifying news stories
- Writing press releases
- Pitching the media to secure client coverage
- Developing editorial calendars
- Developing lists of social influencers to target with the campaigns listed
- Developing social media campaign ideas
- Approaching magazines to secure client inclusion in features
- Preparing and managing media lists
- Monitoring, clipping and scanning client coverage
- Organisation of client events
- Regular reporting to senior account executives and account managers
- Administrative support for new business pitches
Whilst junior account executives support more senior members of the team, there will be unlimited opportunities to contribute to accounts, meaning there’s tons of scope for progression..
About the person:
- You should be an excellent writer, with a good command of language, grammar and punctuation
- You will appreciate the importance of social media and be able to demonstrate how you have used social platforms
- You will also need to have a passion for technology and be aware of the latest trends
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays). After 5 years’ service, an additional 2 days holiday per year.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Remote working options available