Social Media Strategist
Client Services | Technology, London
Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Office Location: Harefield/London/Hybrid
April Six is looking for a team member to join both our global media buying team and our EMEA organization to help our clients solve the intricate and integrated problems technology marketers face; audience targeting, communication planning, media planning, digital strategy, content and editorial strategy, along with traditional and modern influencer strategy.
As a Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for planning, operations, reporting, and finance. The core focus is on paid social media advertising – specifically platforms and tactics most frequently employed by B2B marketers. This person will be leading the discussions around the best platforms to leverage to achieve campaign goals, knowledge of best practices, and advances within the social media space. This person will work closely with the digital media team to ensure that the social tactics and recommendations complement and work with the core digital campaigns.
As part of a global media team, and EMEA client service and strategy team there is an opportunity to work closely with senior strategists and creative leads as well as be involved with every component of the media process. This person will need an entrepreneurial and industrious attitude, with the ability to be proactive and the drive to learn and grow media planning/activation process.
The successful candidate will work alongside and with media buying, creative, PR and client teams as the pivotal social media lead.
Other digital media skills such as Google Ads/SEO and an interest in wider media planning attractive but not essential.
- Manage day-to-day operations across social media campaigns, from planning through to reconciliation
- Discover and deliver impactful analysis and reports to external clients
- Anticipate client needs and work with team to proactively develop solutions to address them
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Experience as part of a media agency or internal media department working on paid social media
- Experience planning and buying media for a client/campaign
- Have a deep understanding of the Paid Social marketing landscape, inclusive of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Have some B2B marketing knowledge or at least familiarity with common B2B marketing practices
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Ad Serving technology – Google Campaign Manager, specifically, a plus
- Experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics a plus
- Understanding of digital conventions and terms, with the drive for continuous education
- Genuine curiosity about the world and digital programs
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with people from across several disciplines
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate.
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays). After 5 years’ service, an additional 2 days holiday per year.
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Remote working options available