B2B Tech PR Account Manager
Client Services | Technology, London
We are April Six, a Marketing and Communications agency with 20+ years of experience. We work with some of the most exciting, forward thinking technology, science and mobility brands in the world today. We are 120 talented strategists, creatives and client managers located across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia.
A great place to work!
Here at April Six, we fully embrace equality, diversity and inclusivity and are firmly committed to strengthening the diversity of our workforce. We have a People First culture and regularly run team building and social events. Our flexible hybrid way of working enables our people to thrive both professionally and personally.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our company as a PR Account Manager in the B2B space. You will have solid experience in Public Relations in the B2B sector. You will be working with exciting technology clients in the Artificial Intelligence, Fintech, Cryptocurrency, Cyber Security and Blockchain fields.
You’ll play a driving role in the delivery of high quality PR results for our current client base, landing media and influencer coverage as well as developing social media content.
- Act as an ‘advisor’ to clients – proactively adding value, insights and direction to internal and external meetings.
- Proactively deliver high quality coverage for PR campaigns and results for social media campaigns
- Develop and implement creative account strategies and campaign plans in response to client briefs with evidence of ‘thinking outside the box’
- Ensure regular client contact from members of the account team and making sure the client is up-to-date on the performance of the team and the results generated, through structured and appropriate reporting.
- Manage team performance, allocation of activities/projects and delivery of reports.
- Mentor and support junior members of staff.
- Identify new opportunities within the client base
- Manage client budgets and ensuring that team members are completing all tasks within budget.
Essential experience and skills:
- Proven track record in PR Account Management
- Solid PR experience
- A solid grounding in media relations and possesses a clear interest in following the news agenda of the day and identifying ways to influence it.
- Highly organised with the ability to understand the complexities of overseeing a variety of client accounts and relationships.
- Experience of managing more junior team members in order to deliver agreed KPIs in line with client expectations and agreed timelines.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate and engaging copy for clients.
- A successful and proven track record of pitching stories to national, trade and online media.
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns and the ability to demonstrate how social platforms have been utilised to meet clients’ corporate objectives.
- A passion for new and developing technology.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Previous experience in writing about tech related topics e.g. cryptocurrency, blockchain or artificial intelligence) or similar
And in return?
Apart from working with a cracking bunch of people, we have a number of initiatives to help nurture our talent as well as some nice perks to make life a little easier.
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Room to Grow appraisal system with individualised growth objectives and real time feedback
- Professional development plan – we look to support creative skills growth with internal support and coaching, alongside online and in-person training and courses
- 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Regular staff socials and team building events
- Lunch on us every month
- Weekly wellness hour
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Private Pension Scheme
- Health Care cash back scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice scheme
- Moment that Matters: One hour back per week for an activity of your choosing (gym classes, hobby)
- Monthly value awards (spot prizes for embracing company values)
- Work Anniversary presents
Is that it?
Pretty much. Although it’s worth knowing that in addition to all of this, April Six is part of The Mission Group, a collation of 13 multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial agencies that include integrated, multi-sector agencies and specialists in particular markets. We employ 1,100 people across 25 offices in the UK, Asia and the US.
April Six embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re an equal opportunity employer and to reflect our global position, we embrace best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion in the regions where we operate