We’re recruiting for a Web Developer to join our Digital team, working alongside the Design, Motion and Copy teams, which together form the Creative Department. You will be creating HTML emails, landing pages, animated ad banners and promotional microsites designed primarily for user engagement. A strong foundation in computer science or web design will be beneficial. Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite and other design/prototyping software is a plus. Be prepared to showcase your portfolio of work (both commercial and personal) that you are confident to talk through during the interview stage.
We have a wide variety of projects and systems requiring various competencies, but in general, the following skills will come in handy:
- Experience working on large-scale websites, to make them faster, more scalable, responsive, and fault-tolerant.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- You’re comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
- An understanding of animation software as it applies to web, eg: Blender, Cinema 4d
- Ensure that digital work is consistent and adheres to clients’ brand guidelines
- Testing websites and emails, including browser/software compatibility
- Fix bugs on websites and emails
- Coordinate with other team members including designers and copywriters
- Apply patches and updates to sites built with CMS
- Make changes to digital projects (not just your own) after feedback on the digital implementation, design, and copy
- Building HTML emails for compatibility with old software
- Using template systems for websites
- Using version control systems such as GIT and Github.
- Applying Google Analytics and creating reports
- Using design frameworks such as Foundation, Bootstrap
Essential skills and attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker & self starter
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion for web design trends, user experience and interaction design (UI/UX)
- Logical/Methodical approach to problem solving
- Multi-task and keep track of multiple work streams at the same time
- Ability to perform maintenance on live websites
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Using, configuring, and theming CMS installations, such as WordPress and Concrete5
To apply, please send your résumé to email@example.com