April Six San Francisco are currently seeking a bright and ambitious Junior Designer to expand our creative department, which includes the design, digital, motion and copy teams. You will report into the Design lead, and ultimately the Creative Director. You will be creating conceptual ideas and the design elements to accompany them across multi-channel advertising, direct marketing and demand generation campaigns.
- Taking briefings from the client service team
- Create conceptual ideas, visual executions, design layouts, typography, illustration, imagery
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite CS5
- Collaborate with members of the Digital, Copy & Motion teams.
- Ensure the progress of all projects is shared through internal presentation of ideas
- Working with a copywriter, generating and visualizing ideas, judging your own work, implementing ideas and wowing your audience
Essential skills and attributes
- Some illustration skills
- A good eye for detail
- Competent in relevant art, design software packages:InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Knowledge of XD and/or Sketch a plus.
- A good understanding of photography and typography
- An interest in the arts, social, cultural and media trends
- Keeping up-to-date with digital trends: both private and commercial
- Be able to see other people’s point of view and cope with criticism
- Able to develop relationships with colleagues and clients
- Comfortable with working as part of a team
- Well-organised with the ability to multi task
- Prioritising work loads and others ensuring all projects are delivered on time
- Prepared to muck in and get involved if other team members are struggling
- Able to work well with copywriter and client services to complete task on time and to budget
- Eager and able to learn new approaches and develop new skills
To apply, please send your resume & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org